Friday, July 25, 2008

What I have learned in 31 years






There are 2 Universal truths that I have discovered that have helped me immensely throughout my life. They are irrevocable and without exception.
First: Never play cards with a guy who has the same last name as a city.

Second: Never go out with a girl who has a tattoo of a dagger anywhere on her body.
Stick with these, everything is cream cheese baby!

However, being someone as open minded as myself, I find myself constantly trying to add and improve upon these hidden "gems." There are two observations that may possibly have merit. So I would like to send these out into the blogosphere to see if they actually ring true.
OK, so both of these observations are related. I was at Costco a few weeks ago, buying flowers for my beautiful wife. Now, as I side note the flowers were just a random purchase. There was no wedding, anniversary, or argument that had warranted me to purchase said arrangement. Not that I am tooting my own horn here, but just giving you the context of the situation. The amount of time spent in the store to the time I walked back out to my car was maybe 5 minutes. During those 5 minutes I had at least 10 different women, comment on the flowers that were in my hand. The comments were of the variety, "What a nice guy." "Are those for me." "Oh, those are so pretty." "What a lucky wife." and so on.
Rewind to February for my wife's birthday. I wanted to buy her a handbag of some sort, and I thought that Nordstrom would have something nice. So I go in there and find a handbag that I like and have the lady at the counter box it up for me. From the time it took me to walk 200 yards from Nordstrom, back to work @ Mr. Mac, I had no less than 7 women comment on the box in my hands. The comments were eerily similar at both places, and all very nice and positive.
So what on Earth have I learned from these two experiences? Guys, you need to take some initiative and do something nice for your wife/girlfriend. Now I realize that there are going to be more women than men reading this, but maybe this can be a wake up call for the few of us clueless guys out there. I am NOT a great guy...I am not a romantic guy. But every once in a while I get lucky, and do something that is perceived as nice/romantic. So basically what I am saying is: Gentleman, it does not take much. Every once in awhile, show your cute wife some appreciation. Trust me on this one, there is no down side. Amen.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Your right, Tyson brought me home just a single pink rose one day and it was the highlight of my day, it made me so happy!! I would rather have something like that rather then something expensive!!

Gentry said...

Amen, way to go Jas! I'll make sure Shah reads this post!

WinnFamily said...

Very true, but I think you are very romantic and nice Jason. Husbands should buy their wives random flowers more often, it makes a huge impact!

The Parks Fam said...

Yay for having a blog!! We are excited to keep checking up on you guys. I love this post, great one for the spouse to read. P.S. I loved the birthday card you guys gave G. I about died laughing, it was TOO funny!