

I've got news for you all. They both suck. It has come to my attention that people tend to shop only when unholy deals present themselves. Thus, giving everyone else who purchases anything other than on these "anointed" days, a complex. I understand there are some great deals going on at your local Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Kohls, Lowes, Blue Boutique, wherever. But what about the stores who spend 360 days a year offering reasonable low prices to their valued customers day in and day out? We get screwed on days like this.
Actually, in full disclosure, my little store was up over 20% on Black Friday/Saturday and on "Cyber Monday." So I guess I can't complain too much. My only real issue with all of these shenanigans, is that people feel entitled to get something for nothing. And when has our free market society ever been based on that brand of nonsense?
So in short, Black Friday does more harm to stores than good. Especially when employees get killed in the line of duty, as in Wal-Mart in Long Island. Cyber Monday is a cyber bust. There are OK deals at best, but a lot of these places don't get the word out to the general public. You really have to do your homework to find the deals. And when you do, they jack you on shipping and handling charges.
So here is to wishing everyone a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season. If you have Christmas Cards for your family SEND US ONE!! We would love to see them!
Love you all and happy shopping. If you need a suit. You know who to call!

1 comment:
Hello Jason and Emily. From what I can tell it's mostly Jason entering posts on this blog (which are quite entertaining I must say) so Jason, can you tell Emily I say Hi and that I hope all is going well with her (same for you too).
Post a Comment