Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting to know you Christmas Tag


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper...the tissue paper in gift bags just seems like too much excess. Although, If I am the one in charge of giving and Jennie isn't around to help me wrap...then gift bag excess it is! Love ya Jen!


2. Real tree or Artificial? Tough call. Nothing beats the real smell of a pine cone infested fire trap in your living room. But the Artificial is less maintenance. If I am not the lucky person taking care of it/cleaning it up/putting out the fire...Real.


3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.


4. When do you take the tree down? If it is real, it is usually dead by the 18th of Dec. Fake? Week after Christmas.


5. Do you like eggnog? Is there anything in it? JK. No I don't really like eggnog.


6. Favorite gift received as a child? Either Laser Tag or my Huffy Mountain Bike.


7. Hardest person to buy for? Steve Winn.


8. Easiest person to buy for? Emily.


9. Do you have a nativity scene? I bought Emily the Willow something or other a couple of years ago.


10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Old school is the BEST!!


11. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation. A Christmas Story is a close second. White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life, for the classics.


12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? What day is today?


13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I plead the 5th.


14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey, candy from my stocking, Pringles, Beef Jerky, Omelets.


15. Lights on the tree? Why is this even a question?


16. Favorite Christmas song? Anything by Elvis. Blue Christmas, especially!! Drives everyone I know, nuts!!


17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? HOME. I went on a cruise one year during Christmas...it was not the same. Although, I am all about traveling during Thanksgiving. Maui is fabulous and they have the Maui Invitational Basketball Tourney that week. Anybody in next year?


18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Rudolph? Blitzen?


19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. The Grinch goes on the top of my tree.


20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? One on Christmas Eve. The rest Christmas Day.


21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That I usually feel like garbage during the holidays, because some grubby customer will invariably get me sick.


22. Favorite ornament theme and color? See #15.


23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Steak and Crab!! (Thanks Phil and Janet)


24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Specialized Hybrid Bike. Crosstrail model in satin silver/gray...or whatever. : )


25. Favorite Christmas Tradition? Opening up my stocking last.

4 comments:

Lindsey Shaun Christensen said...

I feel like I get to know you better and better every time I get on your blog. The best part about it is . . . when i read anything that Henry B Eyring has written, I can totally hear his voice while I am reading it, IT IS TOTALLY THE SAME WAY WITH YOU GUYS, or I should say you. I can hear Jasons voice.
At any rate . . . .

jennie said...

ha Ha HA! you know I'll wrap your presents anytime, this years payment will be acceptable in Jdawg form... ;)

Amber and Greg said...

Are you buying the tickets to Maui? If so count me in!! LOL Meryy Christams!!!!

Sandy said...

I have been looking at this picture for about 10 minutes trying to figure out wnere in your this fireplace is located. I finally figured out it isn't in your house. (I thought that just is not the way Emily decorates.)

Love you both,
Sandy