Thursday, December 4, 2008

Amazon is my Daddy!


So I just have to say that amazon.com is the devil. There have been way too many deals popping up on this delicious little website, and as a sophisticated online shopper/aholic...they are too good to pass up. So recently I entered into their 5 days of deals sale. This started the day after Thanksgiving and went for 5 days. I was randomly selected to purchase a Flip Mino video camera at the low, low price of $60. Well do we need a Flip Mino? The answer is no. Did we buy a Flip Mino? Yes
You see, sometimes I think that we as a society will buy things on sale, just so we can say that we got something for a good deal. This of course is regardless of whether we needed the item or not. Then we tell everyone we associate with, about of our unbelievable findings. In this particular case, we decided to share on the blogosphere. It gives some sense of weird satisfaction for those view shopping as a sport.
Getting back to my amazon problem. I have ordered a few other things, which at this juncture will have to remain secret, as they may or may not be gifts for some of our dear readers out there. However, I will say that this has been such a problem that a Beedle the Bard book showed up on my doorstep this morning. I do not ever remember ordering this. So I logged onto my Amazon account and sure enough it is some Harry Potter spin off book that Ms. Rowling recently released and apparently I pre ordered it like 6 months ago. I admit it, I have an addiction to amazon.com. And never has an addiction brought me such happiness!!


7 comments:

Miranda said...

so don't tell me you are a harry potter fan!

jennie said...

ha ha ha ha ha HA! it's so bad that you don't even remember what you've ordered? I love it! :)

Shah said...

Hi my name is Shah and I'm an Amazonaholic. Hey little word of advise, be careful with the Amazon app for the iPhone! Make sure you turn OFF one click! Mallory almost purchased a learjet last night!

Jason said...

THEY HAVE AN AMAZON APP??!!? You should not have told me that. Whatever happens in the next month is on Shah's head!! Good call on the learjet. A Cessna twin prop is just what you need for a starter plane!

Kelly said...

Hey! We need your address for Christmas cards. Will you email it to me?
mkkunz1@juno.com Thanks!!

Ashley said...

Jason, do you remember the time that Harry Potter 7 came out and you were waiting anxiously for your book to arrive and you asked me (cause im a witch) when it would come, i told you 4:00 pm and it showed up at like 3:55 pm? haha that was funny, and i want the book you have to tell me if it is any good!!

Brooke said...

umm.. can i borrow this when you're done??