Tuesday, November 25, 2008

7 Random Ouestions I Ask Everyone I Meet, (to see if I can really associate with them).

#1
Defying all expectation, a group of Scottish marine biologists capture a live Loch Ness Monster. In an almost unbelievable coincidence, a bear hunter in the Pacific Northwest shoots a Sasquatch in the thigh, thereby allowing zoologists to take the furry monster into captivity. These events happen on the same afternoon. That evening, the president announces he may have to go into emergency surgery for an unknown illness later in the week.
You are the front-page editor of The New York Times: What do you play as the biggest story?

#2
At long last, someone invents the "dream TIVO." This device allows you to record an entire evening's worth of your own dreams, which you can then watch at your leisure. However, the inventor of the the dream TIVO will only allow you to use this device if you agree to a strange caveat: When you watch your dreams, you must do so with your family and your closest friends in the same room. They get to watch your dreams along with you. And if you don't agree to this, you can't use the dream TIVO.
Would you still do this?

#3
You meet a wizard in downtown Chicago. The wizard tells you he can make you more attractive if you pay him money. When you ask how this process works, the wizard points to a random person on the street. The wizard says, "I will now make them a dollar more attractive." He waves his magic wand. This person does not change at all, and as far as you can tell, nothing is different. But--somehow--this person is suddenly a little more appealing. The tangible difference is invisible to the naked eye, but you can't deny this person is vaguely more attractive. This wizard has a weird rule, though--you can only pay him once. You can't keep giving him money until you are satisfied. You can only pay him one lump sum up front.
How much cash do you give the wizard?

#4
Someone builds an optical portal that allows you to see a vision of your own life in the future (basically a crystal ball, that shows a random image of what your life will be like in 20 years). You can only see into this portal for thirty seconds. When you finally peer into the crystal, you see yourself in a living room, two decades older than you are today. You are watching a Canadian football game, and you are extremely happy. You are wearing a CFL jersey. Your chair is surrounded by books and magazines that promote the Canadian Football League, and there are CFL pennants covering your walls. You are alone in the room, but you are gleefully muttering about historical moments in Canadian football history. It becomes clear that--for some unknown reason--you have become obsessed with Canadian football. And this future is static and absolute; no matter what you do, this future will happen. The optical portal is never wrong. This destiny cannot be changed.
The next day, you are flipping through the TV channels and randomly come across a preseason CFL game between the Toronto Argonauts and the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Knowing your inevitable future, do you now watch it?

#5
You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly stipend of $3,000. The second option is 10 minutes on the moon.
Which option do you select?

#6
Your best friend is taking a nap on the floor of your living room. Suddenly you are faced with a bizarre existential problem: This friend is going to die unless you kick them (as hard as you can) in the rib cage. If you don't kick them while they slumber, they will never wake up. However, you can never explain this to your friend; if you later inform them that you did this to save their life, they will also die from that. So you have to kick a sleeping friend in the ribs, and you can't tell them why.
Since you cannot tell your friend the truth, what excuse will you fabricate to explain this (seemingly inexplicable) attack?

#7
For whatever the reason, two unauthorized movies are made about your life. The first is an independently released documentary, primarily comprised of interviews with people who know you and bootleg footage from your actual life. Critics are describing the documentary as "brutally honest and relentlessly fair." Meanwhile, Dreamworks has produced a big-budget biopic of your life, casting major Hollywood stars as you and all your acquaintances; though the movie is based on actual events, screenwriters have taken some liberties with the facts. Critics are split on the artistic merits of this fictionalized account, but audiences love it.
Which film would you be most interested in seeing?

Please feel free to respond to any (or all) of the above questions. They actually are deeper than they appear from the first look. Hope everyone is having a groovy week. You can comment here, or email me @ jaswinn@gmail.com And don't just be a blog stalker (although I love you all too, whoever you are!) let me know some of your thoughts and opinions on these questions!

Toodles!

7 comments:

jennie said...

question #1...I'm all about the sasquatch. the presidnet is an improtant man, but his ledgend doesn't date as far back as Sassy, and while I know that Nessy's legend is much older than Sassy's this story was cleared up for me in that movie about a water horse.

question 2...I'd let 'em watch... getting thier reactions would be classic.

question 3...I am already too attractive for my own good. paying someone to make me more so would only lead to more stalkers.

question 4...might as well accept my fate. canadian football it is...

question 5...Europe. but i'd probably be spending all the cash on a one room loft with a beautiful view of the building next to me. who cares? it's Europe!

question 6...I'd just say I have a power leg...which everyone knows means I have no control over the muscles in that leg. funny though, I actually kicked my brother's girlfriend in the face while I was sleeping once.

question 7...I'd want to see the independently released documentary... what do people really think and say about me? I'd probably end up with either hurt feelings and start crying or be really happy...and cry happy tears.

Ashley said...

question #1...sasquatch, i think i would definately pay money to go see him!

question #2...i would let them watch, after all you don't have control over your dreams, and half the time i never remember them so it would be nice to know what i dream about!

question #3...i think i might give him 5 dollars!!

question #4...well i figure that if im obsessed with canadian football its because the US has officially gone down hill and so i decided to go to Canada, so yes i would watch the game!

question #5...the moon, i can go to europe anytime i want and i could live there too, maybe not being paid there but hey not everyone can go to the moon!

question #6...i would just tell them that they could kick me back if they really wanted but it really wasn't my fault...sometimes i have spasams!

question #7...everyone knows what hollywood does to "true stories" they are all the same, so i would choose the documentary, i'd like to see what people really think!

jennie said...

um...i cant spell very well...

Brooke said...

1 - I think the Sasquatch and President story could fit on the same page.

2 - No

3 - I never have cash with me!!! I could challenge him to a good game of giants, wizards, elfs.

4 - No way! Wow, did we have a war with Canada and they won??

5 - Europe

6 - Bees!! Bees everywhere!

7 - Documentary.

FYI - I want to know what your answers would be.

The Starks said...

1. Sasquatch! I think he would be a lot more interesting than nessy. And I agree with Jennie on the President.

2. Yes I would let them watch! I have some random dreams and would love to watch them again and again!

3. I wouldnt give him any money. I like the way I look. I dont need magic or plastic surgury to make me look better.

4. I would probably watch the game. I love football even if it is in Canada!

5. I would definitly choose the moon!

6. I would tell them that I was sleep walking and was dreaming that we got into a huge fight and thats why I kicked them and that im sorry but I had no control.

7. Documentary! I would love to hear what people have to say about me good or bad!

Amber and Greg said...

As for your question 4. I would not give him any money. The world is full of people who want to be better looking and such is plastic surgery. But, it seems to me that noone is ever satisfied. They all want more. So, I say why start when you know you won't wnat to stop, and giving one lump some? How do you know what is enough? You don't. I heard on the TV lastnight, if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Amber and Greg said...

#1 The Sasquatch I think. Every other newspaper and new cast would be talking about the President. Can you say OVERKILL!?!

#2 Heck yes I would let them watch! What better way to spend time with friends and family than laughing at eachother!

#3 I did this one already! Except I thought it was #4.

#4 I wouldn't. If I knew what I had to do for the rest of my life, I would try to cram everything else in before I had to stop.

#5 The moon. I've been to Europe already. Beside I weould have bragging rights for the rest of time if I went to the moon for even 10 seconds!!

#6 I think I would say I tripped over something, and to keep me from falling I had to kick my leg out. It wasn't my fault he was in the way of my leg!!

#7 I would want the documentary one. Why have actors and actresses play the parts of me and my friends. They would know nothing about me at all. Besdies, I would want to know who my true friends are.

OK Jase, what were your answers?