moved into their house, and believe it smells like cheese! What? Sorry I started
trying to rhyme and didn't have anything good with breeze. But the overall meaning
behind that soliloquy is We closed on our house and are in the middle of moving in!

Now first things first, we have power, but we don't have gas...so that means
we have no hot water. I am sure that it is going to be working very soon
(Tuesday, Wednesday....October...) so we are still staying at my parent's
house in Mapleton for the time being. We also do not have TV access until
Thursday, so I really see no reason to be sleeping at the new casa until
then. Emily does not agree, but we will just agree to disagree...not to
mention the gas not working yet doesn't have her screaming to get in there.


Other than that, we have been busy cleaning, moving boxes,
unpacking boxes, cleaning, fixing up little things, getting furniture
moved in, cleaning, mounting our TV to the wall, getting pissed off
at the water heater, not getting sleep, cleaning and buying crap.
The fun and joys of moving...I am sure that you all can relate.

I would like to take a minute to thank everybody who helped us out
with this adventure. Emily's family has been awesome. They were
there for the packing up our old house, moving everything and helping
us get situated. There is no way we can thank them enough.
Chase is an all-star, and is worth more money than we could ever pay
him...which is good, since we have none to pay him. Chad, Phil, Ben,
and Chase have been the brute force to get in all of the fun stuff like
the washer and dryer, elliptical, and all the heavy dressers and stuff.
Chad also has been the electrical genius and handy man. He and I
spent the better part of Friday night/Saturday morning mounting
our TV to the wall and hanging other random things of Emily's.
Brooke, Janet and Bailey have been great to help with cleaning,
moving, giving decorating advice, and keeping Emily sane.
Also, Janet has been my biggest ally in helping me and Emily
compromise and I love her for that.
Steve and Karon have been awesome. They have supported us
and helped us in more ways than we can count and we love them
immensely. Also, the fact that they have given us a place to crash
during the transition has been great as well. My brothers have
enabled me to miss a little bit of extra work, to help move in/out
and close on the houses...so they have taken a lot of stress off of me.
Sorry the pics we have are crappy. We haven't found our camera
and these are from my phone. I guess that means you all need to
come over and visit to see it for yourself. Maybe when we get
everything settled we will get some better pics up.
Hope everyone is well, love you all.

13 comments:
House looks beautful...Hot water or not....Glad you are getting settled. Will come see the finished product when all the work is done.....
The house looks beautiful. It will be so nice when you are finally in and settled. Good luck!!
I seem to remember a promise that once you had a house, someone could have a dog. Should i buy Mr. Snugglypants a gift this week or next?
OOooooo, I love it guys!! Can't wait to see more pictures! Congrats! It's fun having a house and places to put all your stuff everywhere!
WOW! Jason your house is so gorgeous! I love it! Im glad your almost moved in, hope the tv and more importantly the water heater gets working for you!
Just found your blog today! Love the house...very jealous...even if there isn't any gas!
I love your ode to the Aussie in the begining of this post... and I cant wait to try out your new TV... HOT ROD party soon? I really wanna know what the hells everyone is talking about...
P.S. who needs Hot water when you've got Hot Rod? SCREW water heaters! :D
YAY!! I'm so excited that you finally were able to get moved in, i LOVE your house and the pictures actually look amazing, i cant believe they are from you phone, the house is MONEY but i didn't expect anything less from you and Emily. You better have a house warming party, if you do i will bring you a gift!!
I didn't know things finally went through, congrats!! It looks amazing!
Loving the house! Now lets break that house in! I am so excited that it all worked out and things are falling into place.
Can't wait to come down and see it.
Love much
Christensen Clan
Your house is GORGEOUS!!!!! I am so happy for you guys. Good luck with the unpacking. We have been moved into our house for over a year now and still havre unpacxked boxes! I wonder what that means?!?
I love your house! I can tell you are super excited about your TV. Hopefully everything is ready now and you are able to live there. I miss emailing with Emily!
Post a Comment