
GMAT no more. If I were a drinkin' man, I would be hammered by now! After months of studying and prep...the GMAT has come and gone. Like a thief in the night. I feel somewhat violated, actually. All of the hours I spent preparing and in 3 1/2 hours...BOOM!! Just like that. Over. I feel so dissatisfied.
Actually, everything went well. My score is in the realm of where I needed to be, although being the perfectionist that I am, I will always wish it would have been better. No matter, onward and upward. I now need to find some other way to torture myself. Oh good, the Holiday Season is just around the corner...and I work retail. Yipee Ki Yeah Motha @^%&!!
Emily and I are getting ready to speak this Sunday is Church. Also, we are on our second week in our new church calling. CTR 6 Primary Teachers. Wow!!! Anyway, our topic for Sac Mtg is Staying on Course, or Staying the Course. However you choose to illiterate it. Believe me, they way you say it, changes what you can talk about. Of course, everyone knows that you are given a subject, mention it, and then ramble on about whatever you want for the next 15 minutes. However, I have not been able to put any prep time into my talk at all, so if anyone has any good advice or life stories. Let me know. I would much appreciate it. I think I am going to model my speaking after the Reverend Jeremiah Wright. He seems to hold the crowds attention. I am not sure how this will go down in the Vineyard 1st Ward, but hey it will be entertainment. This Sunday @ 1:00. Be there. It will be a classic I am sure. Does the church publish ward level talks on the Internet yet? I guess I could start a pilot program. :)

Other than that, this week has been pretty tame. Work has been good and I think that we might make it to a BYU Game this Saturday. Of course, now that the team is no longer on the "BCS National Title" Quest...the fans might be a little less full of good cheer. This is when I like to go out and aggravate the hell out of the BYU homers. I like BYU, I am a fan and I want them to do well. However, my expectations are in reality town. While I am not sure that the Cougar Homer Faithful expectations, are. This also goes for the UofU Homers. Now they are still undefeated, so I will not be so blunt...yet. I graduated from the U and I cheer for them as well. But, be warned. Neither Utah or BYU is as good as they think they are. And the minute they go up against a SEC or Big 12 Powerhouse...or even USC (yes I saw the Oregon State game...both of them) they will get blasted 8 out of 10 times. That is not to say they can't get lucky. This is College Football and there is plenty of parity in the league. But most of the time, no rational person is going to dispute that USC, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Georgia or about a dozen other teams will beat Utah and BYU more often than not. To paraphrase the great Dennis Green "They are who we thought they were, and we let 'em of the hook!!!" Not sure what it means, but it is funny stuff. I know that Utah is still undefeated and I hope they stay that way. But if you honestly believe that they would run the table in the Big 12 or SEC, you are smoking' something.
I am signing off for tonight, but stay tuned to upcoming election coverage. If I can stomach it. That will be a fun filled week and a half. Pray for us all. AND G! D! America! (Thanks Rev. Wright!) Seriously, how is this guy getting elected? Love you all!


5 comments:
I love the Cougs, but mostly I just yell at the TV when everyone else does...you will find this out for yourself tomorrow, when we are at the game...I cheer when everyone else cheers, and I BOOOO with the best of them when they do...
Jason,
I hear the church is keeping all talks in the archives! Including those given in primary! I learned it once when I went to High Priest! I understand all the secrets of God are revealed there!
Congrats on the GMAT test being over! And how about the U! Yay!
The fact that you can still cheer for BYU despite being a U alumni makes me proud to call you my brother-in-law. Though I have to admit, I want to U to lose and lose badly. Sorry. But congrats on the GMAT being over!!!
Jason....a U graduate? Come on..you graduated from the right school, now start cheering for them!!!! Lets hope BYU keeps playing the way they are :)
Post a Comment